Friday, November 14, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog

I’m rather new to this adventure and sometimes wonder - just what should go into my blog? What I’m willing to write varies based on the audience – is it for “my eyes only”, something I’d share with a few close friends, or one of those rare thoughts that I’m willing to share with the whole world. I’m still very conscious of the fact that whatever I post is potentially global knowledge…

So what would my family be embarrassed by? What would reflect poorly upon my job? My church? Christianity in general? Myself? Am I willing to put my self on the line and share my foibles in the hope that it will help someone else? I’ve certainly had more than a few…

  • people I hurt & can’t ask forgiveness from because they are out of my life and I have no way of reaching out to them,
  • mistakes I’ve made and tried (unsuccessfully) to cover up – which only made them worse,
  • Hurts I’ve held on to,
  • Allowing myself to wallow in self-pity when things didn’t turn out the way I expected them to,
  • Doubts I allowed to creep in because I failed to reinforce my faith by spending time in the Bible,
  • Time I’ve wasted in foolishness when I could have been investing it by helping other people or in worship & further developing my relationship with God.

But really, aren’t these things indicative of the human condition? Don’t they just prove the Bible true when it says “All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him.” (Isaiah 53:6, NAS) I’ve certainly strayed, and am glad that He’s made a way to return to the sheepfold.

No comments: