Friday, November 14, 2008

My Sweet Baboo

This is my favorite picture... my Sweet Baboo holding Little Bit.

It's been a long wait for a baby to arrive in the R household! We've just celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. There have been ups & downs, which is true of any couple that's been married for more than a month! Our journey toward temporary parenthood is an unusual one. We have lost 4 children to miscarriage (the most recent one only 18 months ago), had 2 birth moms change their minds about letting us adopt their babies, been thru several unsuccessful rounds of fertility drugs & have had 2 unprompted offers to surrogate for us (though we don't feel this is the right choice for us & our lawyer agrees!). So taking in a baby who we're 99% sure we won't get to keep is a highly emotional thing for us.

Little Bit is now 7 1/2 weeks old & will have lived with us for 1 month tomorrow (already!)... he is clearly running the show, much to Lilypad the Beagle's chagrin. As you can guess from the pic, my Sweet Baboo has fallen in love with Little Bit, as have I. He is the source of much joy & cause of much exhaustion! One day he'll also be the cause of much heartbreak... but let's not think about that until we have to!

One totally awesome thing that's happened in the last month is that I've developed a far deeper love and respect for my dear hubby. He is always ready to take the baby & does the middle of the night feeding every day, he's shown incredible concern for me and has been so wonderfully flexible about meal times, eating fast food more often than either of us likes & just generally picking up the slack on household stuff I haven't been able to keep up with. I am blessed beyond measure and wanted to let the world know one of the great things I've learned so far on this parenting adventure. He's terrific! and he's Mine!

2 comments:

Faith said...

AWESOME!!!!

You both are being faithful stewards of what the Lord has brought to you...how absolutely precious...I'd love to hold that little one....
and that look on M's face says it all....just precious...
And thank you for sharing your personal journey....

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! To be blessed with such a little life changing thing is amazing. I am sorry you and your "Baboo" have had such a bumpy road to get here. I think going through such things give two people more to have friction over though, for that I am also sorry for you. *frown* But what a great thing to have the love of the Lord to hold you two together! It must be of the Lord as it has kept you two deeply devoted to eachother and that is the Love of the Lord! For that I am extreamly happy for you all!!! *big smile*

Harvest blessings.-me-(Mommy of two little blessings)
p.s. found your blog through http://sowerscorner.blogspot.com/