Thursday, June 24, 2010

Testing the Limits

Last night Little Bit stood in front of me while I was seated in my favorite living room recliner and was playing his "so big" game. He loves to put his hands up hi to signal that he is "so big" and has started doing it with one hand when holding on to something in a standing position. He's gotten really good at standing with just one hand holding on & can switch back and forth pretty easily now. Last night he started to test the limits. Right hand up, Left hand up, BOTH hands up! He wobbled a little bit, caught himself on my knees and proceeded to try it again and again.

I wonder just how often my Father God looks at me standing around, holding on to various types of "support", waiting to gather up the nerve to let go and stand on my own 2 feet without the props I would usually use (my knowledge, my experience, my maturity (haha)...). I can imagine a very happy Dad watching His little girl learning to do something new, something He's known she could do, but she needed to discover for herself was actually possible... and had to step out in faith to accomplish.

2 comments:

Faith said...

thumbs up!!

Faith said...

ok....man...that is a GREAT question...I probably won't get my answers up until at least monday....so...check back in! I have learned ALOT.....gonna be hard to pick one main thing! enjoy the weekend....